I love long weekends. Of course I have more fun reasons, such as extra days off from work, but it also makes food prep and meal planning a little easier. With Matt being home an extra day, I don’t need to worry about prepping a meal ahead of time. And because of the long weekend, I am posting a day behind…all messed up!
Here is what I prepped for this week’s breakfast, lunch and snacks:
A pitcher of green iced tea
yogurt – add fruit in the morning
Tuna salad for lunch (in lettuce wraps or on a small salad – prep the veggies ahead of time to throw together each day)
carrots and cucumbers with hummus
Shakeology (not pictured)
Here is what I have planned for this upcoming week for dinner:
- Caramelized Onion, Gruyere, and Bacon Pizza on the grill – I am going to try and make a pizza dough recipe from the cookbook Comfort and Joy: Cooking for Two to scale it down (You can find the recipe here!). And I will use a cast-iron skillet to cook it in. Sides will include a small salad and roasted red potato.
- Prep ahead – make the pizza dough, slice the onions, grate the cheese, and cook the bacon
* I already made the pizza and it came out so good!
- Chicken and steak on the grill with corn on the cob
- Turkey Santa Fe Taco Salad from The Skinnytaste Cookbook
- Prep ahead – defrost the meat the night before and then cook and chop the veggies
- One Skillet Beef and Cheddar Pasta from the cookbook Comfort and Joy: Cooking for Two
- Prep ahead – defrost meat the night before and shred the cheese
- Black bean burgers from the freezer
- Using a Groupon for a local smokehouse!
Knowing that we are going to have a heat wave this week, I planned my meals so I would not have to use the oven!