I was afraid this would happen! The past few weekends were too busy to write up a meal plan post! And this weekend is no different but I’m going to do the best I can. I’m going to share my favorite dishes from the past couple of weeks and then give you this weeks meal plan.
With this being my 5th ( and 6 – 8) week posting my food prep, I realize that my breakfast and snacks have been exactly the same. While I do change it up within the week, it’s pretty much the same foods that I rotate. I’m getting kind of bored! My goal for this week is to look for new breakfast and snack ideas. Hopefully I will have some new ideas to share with you next week! In the meantime, here is what I have planned for my breakfast, lunch and snacks:
- yogurt cups
- rice cakes with peanut butter or almond butter
- Lunch – Roasted Red Pepper Soup from the cookbook 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites
I won’t bore you with another picture of all the same prepped foods!
Here are some of my favorite meals from the past couple of weeks:
This “burrito bowl” looks huge but it really isn’t. And this is a simple recipe where you can prepare the filling while the spaghetti squash is in the oven. You can even prep ahead by chopping the vegetables ahead of time.
- Buffalo Chicken Salad from The Skinnytaste Cookbook
For this salad, I grilled the chicken ahead of time so it would be ready to go. And the homemade salad dressing is very simple to put together. And it’s another step you can do ahead of time.
- Lasagna – Date Night In #7
This galette was absolutely amazing! It is the perfect fall dish for a Sunday night. And I got two days of lunch out of the leftovers! To prep, make the dough, chop the veggies, and shred the cheese ahead of time.
This is extremely easy. All you do is roast the veggies and chickpeas and put them in a wrap. That’s it!
My meal plan for this week:
- Light Chipotle Chicken and Rice Stuffed Peppers
- prep ahead: dice the onions and cook the rice or even prepare the whole filling ahead of time
- Apple Bacon Gouda Grilled Cheese
- prep ahead: slice or shred the cheese and cook the bacon
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- prep ahead: chop the veggies and make the cauliflower “rice” (this could be frozen until ready to use)
- Beef Enchiladas from the cookbook Comfort and Joy: Cooking for Two
- prep ahead: make the enchilada sauce and cook the meat (I’m using ground turkey instead of the steak the recipe calls for)
- Meatloaf (in the freezer)
- prep ahead: defrost in the refrigerator the night before
Have a great week! 🙂