Way back in March, I wrote a post about my food bucket list. It consists of foods/recipes that I either want to make or want to eat for the first time. I have not done a good job keeping you … Continue reading
This summer has been quite a busy one. Along with keeping busy and having lots of fun with my two little ones, I decided to become a Beachbody coach. Why? I was itching to try something new, meet new people, … Continue reading
Well, it has been about ten months since my last blog post. How did that happen?! My two kids, that’s what. Life just got way too busy, and it still is. But one of my goals for 2015 is to blog at least once every two weeks. And that, of course, hasn’t happened. Two months later is better than nothing I guess!
I have still been baking as much as I can whenever I can. And ever since I have developed better eating habits, I have found a love for cooking. With that, I find that there are so many foods that I now want to try but used to avoid because I assumed I wouldn’t like them. But I am ready to venture out and try new things, like crab cakes! So I have created a baking/cooking bucket list for all of those foods I want to either taste for the first time or make for the first time.
So here it is…
- Cheesecake – The real kind where you have to use a water bath and leave it in the oven with the door open. Scary. And kids can’t be home.
- Yeast bread – I want to make something like a sandwich bread or a type of bun.
- Tortillas – I used to make pita bread so I think I can do this.
- Fried onion rings
- Baked onion rings
- Crab cakes
- Brussel sprouts
- Shrimp – Who am I?!
- Cinnamon rolls – I’ve made these once before and they tasted really good, but I think I can do better.
- Crepes – I won a crepe pan about 4 years ago. I think it’s time to try it. It will be messy.
- Pretzels – I recently tried these but I think it was too cold for the dough to rise. They tasted OK but not how they were supposed to be.
- Pasta – They make it look so easy on The Food Network.
- Puff pastry – I don’t necessarily want to make it. I have never used it so I want to make a recipe that calls for it.
- Dulce de leche – I want to make it using this method.
And not part of my bucket list, but I did try eggplant for the first time this week! It is in the Cheesy Baked Penne recipe from The Skinnytaste Cookbook. I have to say, I am not a fan (of the eggplant, not the recipe!). It tasted spongy like. I won’t give up on it though. I will try it again but prepare it differently.
I am excited to get through my bucket list and I am determined to get it done before 2016 (if I don’t keep adding too many things)!