So while I am on my Oreo cookie kick, let’s talk about fudge. I had some leftover Winter Oreos from when I made the Oreo and Pretzel M&M Bars. And because Christmas is the season of making lots of fudge, I made Cookies n Cream fudge. This recipe is extremely simple and can be found right on the Eagle Brand website.
The red cream in the Oreos created the swirl in the fudge. Gives the idea that it is peppermint but it is just really festive! If you want to make it peppermint and can’t find the Candy Cane Oreos (which I have yet to do!), you could always put a small dash of peppermint extract in or some crushed up candy canes.
The recipe calls for white chocolate baking squares. I find them to be way too expensive so I used white chocolate chips instead. Also, I didn’t use as many Oreos as what the recipe calls for. It’s really because I didn’t have enough but I don’t think I needed that amount.
- 18 ounces of white chocolate chips
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- About 12-15 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- Prepare an 8X8 square pan by lining it with foil – leave a little extra over the sides to create “handles.” Spray with non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and salt together until smooth. (Add optional peppermint extract or candy canes here.)
- Remove the pan from heat and fold in the cookies.
- Pour into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- Once the fudge is firm, remove it from the pan by lifting the foil.
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!
This is another quick and easy dessert you can bring to a party with a large crowd! I brought it to my aunt’s Christmas party which is one of my favorite Christmas traditions!